Recently several Harborage residents have had items stolen from their vehicles during the night. Most appear to be crimes of opportunity...unlocked vehicle, open door, valuables left in vehicle, etc. Residents can assist in reducing these occurances by diligently doing the followiing:
- Ensure your vehicle is placed in your garage or if not that it is securely locked.
- Remove any valuable items from inside your vehicle.
- Ensure your Envera visitor list is up-to-date.
- Make sure all your visitors are providing your name and address upon entry. Unfortunately some residents have provided their friends, family, and visitors, the master pass code to by-pass the gate security.
- Please discuss the importance of security to all members of your household to ensure all are following the proper gate entry procedure.
- Sign up for notifications on your MyEnvera account to be notified any time one of of your visitors enters the gates either by speaking to an attendant at the kiosk or when their vehicle tag is on file. Your MyEnvera account allows you to receive email, text, and/or push notifications for all your visitors.
- Report any suspicious activity to the Manatee County Sheriff's Office at (941) 747-3011 Ext: 2260, 24 hours a day. If you see a crime in progress call 911.